For over forty years, Summerama has been filling kids’ lives with an entire season of fun, excitement, and growth!
What makes us the best day camp in Rockford?
- Staff: Parents and kids consistently rank our leaders as the best part of camp!
- Choice: Kids can choose from dozens of activity choices!
- Safety: We strive for a safe, secure environment for all kids!
- Value: Our prices are low, but the benefits are huge!
- Experience: We know how to do camp right!
- Purpose: We teach the good news about Jesus, and kids’ lives are changed!
Summerama is our day camp program for children entering grades 1–6 in the fall. Every week offers five exciting choices for activity themes or focus. Campers may register for as many weeks as they would like! While campers pack and bring their own lunch each day, Thursday is always Hot Dog Day and Snowcone day is Friday! We provide plenty of drinks throughout the week to keep campers refreshed, and every camper goes home with a picture to commemorate their week. Summerama is Monday-Friday 10:00am-3:30pm. Extended care is available starting at 7:30 am before camp and after camp until 5:30 pm for an additional cost. Click on Summerama Camps in the menu for more information!
For campers who are too young for Summerama but still want to have fun this summer, Totarama is offered for preschool children who are three through five years old. Totarama is from 9:30-12: 00 pm, and no extended care is available for Tots.
Check out our Volunteer Page to get more information on how to volunteer as a Student at Summerama or Totarama.
Summerama and Totarama are ministries of First Free Kids.
Camps are held on the campus of
First Free Rockford - 2223 N. Mulford Rd - Rockford, IL 61107