Summerama Day Camp
Summerama serves Rockford area families by providing a fun and caring day camp experience for kids. Campers choose from a variety of activity focuses each week and participate in daily crafts, games, Bible lessons and singing.
What makes us the best day camp in Rockford?
- Staff: Parents and kids consistently rank our leaders as the best part of camp!
- Choice: Kids can choose from dozens of activity choices!
- Safety: We strive for a safe, secure environment for all kids!
- Value: Our prices are low, but the benefits are huge!
- Experience: We know how to do camp right!
- Purpose: We teach the good news about Jesus, and kids’ lives are changed!
Summerama is our day camp program for children entering grades 1–6 in the fall. Every week offers four exciting choices for activity themes or focus. Campers may register for as many weeks as they would like! While campers pack and bring their own lunch each day, we provide plenty of drinks throughout the week to keep campers refreshed, and every camper goes home with a picture to commemorate their week. Summerama Day Camp runs from 10 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Monday–Friday. Extended care is available starting at 7:30 a.m. before camp and after camp until 5:30 p.m. for an additional cost.
For campers who are too young for Summerama but still want to have fun this summer, Totarama is offered for preschool children who are three through five years old. Totarama is from 9:30–11:30 a.m; no extended care available for tots.
UPDATE: Our volunteer team signups are now full for the 2021 season.
2021 Safety Guidelines
For us, for now:
- Leaders and campers will wear masks in common areas inside the building
- Frequent handwashing will be required
- Small groups will stay in clusters
- Number of campers and volunteers have been decreased
Summerama and Totarama are ministries of First Free Kids.
Camps are held on the campus of
First Free Rockford - 2223 N. Mulford Rd - Rockford, IL 61107