UPDATE: Our volunteer team signups are all full for the 2021 summer season.
Quick Look: Grades 7–12, volunteer up to two weeks, $25 per week.
Training is required to volunteer. The training date will be 6:30–8 p.m. Tuesday, June 8
We are so excited to have many volunteers serving at Summerama each year! Summerama is so much more than just a fun place for kids to hang out during a few weeks in the summer.
It is an opportunity for Middle School and High School, aged students, to learn many new skills and explore their leadership potential. It is a place for all who are on campus, from the preschoolers in Totarama to the adult coordinators overseeing the camp, to find out more about Jesus’ love for them, build healthy relationships, and watch God work in their lives in big ways!
What Volunteers Can Expect
- Student volunteers aid camp staff in the daily running of Summerama. You might be asked to hang out with kids, clean up after a game, fill water balloons, carry supplies … basically anything the camp leaders need help with.
- Students will be assigned to a specific camp group on Monday of the week they serve. These are assigned based on camp needs. Specific request will only be accommodated based on volunteers with special needs.
- Students must arrive each day on time for the daily 9 a.m. volunteer meeting. If you cannot attend these meetings, please don’t volunteer. These are a critical time of spiritual/leadership development.
- Students will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m. each day of camp. Parents do not need to check out volunteer. If you student needs to leave any time during the day please come to the Kids Office and sign them out.
Volunteers that are not picked up at 3:30 p.m. will need to go to extended care.
- Students will be expected to bring their own lunch every day.
- Student behavior is expected to be exemplary to kids and helpful to camp staff. Further conduct guidelines will be presented during training.
- Student volunteers can attend extended for the cost of $50/week for morning, and $50/week for afternoon.
How to get started
Registration happens online through the same system as the campers. Volunteers can register for up to three weeks. Your paid registration guarantees your spot as a volunteer for those weeks.
We try to communicate with parents and families in several ways:
- Signage – watch carefully as you enter our campus for details about pickup, etc.
- Contact Us – You can communicate with us via email [email protected] or call 815-877-7046 and ask for the Kids office.
Summerama and Totarama are ministries of First Free Kids.
Camps are held on the campus of
First Free Rockford - 2223 N. Mulford Rd - Rockford, IL 61107