Age: Students entering grades 7–12 in the fall
Cost: $30 per week (includes a T-shirt)
- Students entering grades 7–12 can apply to volunteer for up to three weeks.
- Questions? Call 815-877-7046 or email [email protected]
Summerama is so much more than just a fun place for kids to hang out during a few weeks in the summer. It’s a place for all who are on campus to find out more about Jesus’ love for them, build healthy relationships and watch God work in their lives in big ways! Volunteering is an opportunity for middle school and high school students to learn new skills and explore their leadership potential.
- Help camp staff in the daily running of Summerama. You might be asked to hang out with kids, clean up after a game, fill water balloons, carry supplies … basically anything the camp leaders need help with.
- Be assigned to a specific camp group. These are assigned based on camp needs. Specific request will only be accommodated based on volunteers with special needs.
- Arrive on time for the daily 9 a.m. volunteer meeting. Volunteers will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m. each day of camp. Parents do not need to sign out their volunteers. If your student needs to leave any time during the day please come to the Kids Office and sign them out. Volunteers who are not picked up at 3:30 p.m. will need to go to Extended Care ($50/week for morning, and $25/week for afternoon).
- Bring their own lunch.
- Model good behavior for campers. Further conduct guidelines will be presented during training.
Registration happens online through the same system as the campers. Volunteers can register for up to three weeks. Your paid registration guarantees your spot as a volunteer for those weeks.